Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Looking into your own eyes for the first time


I spent the day today getting pix together for my biological grandmother and the two aunts who wrote to me. My biological grandmother said that she counts me in as her grandchild and my children in her great grandchildren numbers and she wants to put us on her refrigerator with all her grandchildren/great grandchildren since I am the oldest one!! She's so cute, she said nobody at her church noticed her numbers changed because everyone has so many grandchildren now. I think I forgot to mention one key thing. She is a very, very religious Christian woman. Everything revolves around the church. I was raised and I am Jewish. So, she has a lot of guilt from that as well.

My grandmother sent me pix of my biological mother. This may sound weird but it ws so strange to look into someones eyes and see your own...for the first time in my life. Yeah! I do see it in my kids eyes but now I see where my almond eyes came from.

The kid are okay here. Jessica signed more correctly for the first time!! I was so proud of her. Of course, she did it three times and when she saw I was so excited, she wouldn't do it again. She used to clap her hands, this time she put her little fingers together....Hooray! Did I tell you her favorite thing is to do tumbersaults on my back when I am sleeping?!? She makes me laugh so hard. Tough but I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Okay, I'm a little under the weather tonight so I am going to take a hot tub and do some Su Do Ku's and go to sleep. I am addicted to SuDoKu!

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

You must have a few more brain cells left than I do. :-)
It's so good to hear about you developing a relationship with your biological family. That's a little miracle, in itself.