Friday, November 04, 2005

George Foreman Grill Conspiracy!


This post is totally unrelated to my family but it really has been bothering me today. You see, I saw the new George Foreman Grill with removable plate in the Bed, Bath & Beyond Catalog. And, well, I feel it was a well thought out marketing ploy to come out with the removable pan so many years later. I have had my George Foreman Grill now for years and years. I love it, don't get me wrong. But from day one I said..what a pain in the a-- to clean. That little spatula to scrape it. I wish I could just throw it in the sink. So do you think I was the only person to say that?! Do you think that I was the only one who was tempted to put the machine into the sink to clean it? I doubt it. I admit it, I tried to wash it a few times watching that the cord didn't get wet. It always reminded me of washing those big coffee perculators that was from the 60's. I still have my grandmothers...the 64 cupper.

So my next question, you are telling me that they never thought of this concept when they released all the various versions--Champion Grill, Lean Mean Fat Grill, Griddle Grill, Indoor/Outdoor Grill OR wait maybe the USB I GRill that hooks up to your computer! You thought to make a unit that hooks up to your computer but never to make it with a removable plate?

I am convinced that they waited until they saturated the market and almost everyone in America owns a George Foreman and they know that every one of those owners wished for the removable plate everytime they have to clean the damn thing. So the marketing team met and said, it's time to release the removable plate. Now everyone will be so excited and go out and get the one with the removable plate for the holidays. Well, I am tempted and everytime I clean that thing with that spatula, I will be cursing those marketing people. But out of principle....I will not get the George Foreman with the removable plate!!!

Okay, I feel better now. Ironically, it's the little things in life that really urk at me all day! I think it was because I wanted to grill vegetables tonight but was too lazy to clean the grill!

4 comments:

Belovedlife said...

I know the feeling. It's amazing the gimicks they come up with...the smallest things can bug me too. At least you got it out of your system....
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really enjoy yours too. It's nice to know we are not alone.

Pilgrim said...

ha. I've thought about getting one, but put it off. Looks like now's the time. :-)

Lisa said...

I knew there had to be at least one person in this world who would benefit without feeling cheated!!!

You are a lucky woman! Now is the time- lol

Anonymous said...

grate job! y0ur not a robot. sweet!