Friday, November 18, 2005

Disability Equipment to Walk and Yummy Black and White Cookies


Well as you can see, it's one of those early mornings. I went to the bagel store already and picked up those black and white mini cookies for Jessica. As I walk in, there is my little partner in crime sitting on the floor waiting for me (of course, my husband is out cold upstairs-a little scary that she is floating around the house by herself).

Anyway, I give her a cookie and within 10 seconds, I am covered in chocolate. I'd like to point out that I was showered and dressed for work at 5:45AM and now look at me. So I had a 50/50 chance here since one side is vanilla frosting and one side chocolate. So why did the vanilla icing make it totally into her mouth and the chocolate is all over the place (including on my pants, my shirt and all over her). Is the vanilla icing magical and it totally goes into your mouth? I know its early and I am tired and I will probably wonder why I posted this but...it's one of the wonders of life.

Quick update: Brittany got her new orthotics today. She finally got
orthotics with hinges so she could walk better. I was very excited. I hope it give her more flexbility to try and get around. Brittany has also been on a the Lite Gait which is a phenomenal piece of equipment for children and adults who do not walk. The great thing about it is that it holds you up so a therapist can truly work on your legs. Also the treadmill, subconsciously keeps the person walking. I am so thrilled when she gets on it. Unfortunately, we can't get one at home. It's extremely expensive but she is working on it in school. I really pushed for them to get a unit there and I was lucky they got a grant for it. Hopefully, one day she will be able to get around with a walker!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cookies, orthoses, and Lite Gait. Smooth transitioning for an early morning post. Sounds like a great combination for Brittany though. Give us an update on how the gait therapy is going from time to time. Meanwhile I'm going out to get a black and white cookie. Best to Brittany.

Pilgrim said...

We used a machine like that in PT for awhile. They are nice, when they're needed. All that equipment is so costly.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have that for Brittany to work out on. She's a doll, love your Blog page, I am going to print it and show your distant Grandma Betty in West Palm Beach. I just received your letter the other day and it was great. Nice pictures of you and your family. Your a busy women. I remember those days with 3 kids around me. God Bless, Aunt Colleen

Anonymous said...

Love your blog page. It is sincere and heartfelt.

All the best Monicka

Anonymous said...

I hope those orthotics work out great for her! LOL I bet if you were wearing a brown shirt the vanilla side of the cookie would get all over you instead! It's just the way things work!