Monday, November 21, 2005

"In My Daughter's Eyes"- A Message of Strength


I was sitting by the computer planning my day out. Thinking about everything that I needed to do and I stopped. I've heard this song a million times but for some reason today I was meant to heard the words. I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason and I felt a chill as I really listened to the words of this song. I could feel a much needed message come across with it. I hope it can give someone else the additional strength this song gave me today!

In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her handaround my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daugter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

3 comments:

Belovedlife said...

I never took the time to really listen to the words either, but it really is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

What beautiful thoughts about the beautiful words of this song. Your daughter is truly a blessing in your life, but you are also a wonderful blessing in hers.
With Love,
Aunt Patty

My Disability Talk said...

I love that you share your story via the blog. I am disabled as well. Here is my blog.

http://mydisabilitytalk.blogspot.com