Friday, February 24, 2006

A change In Life

Well I have decided it's time for a career change. Yes, while I started the publications from scratch.......put all my blood and sweat into it.......it's time for mommy to let her little baby fly on it's own. Yes, I am going to leave the publications (let my partner and husband run them) and I am in search of another position. Life is very stable at home. The children will be fine and my husband will be local to take care of any issues that may arise. So I am off to pursue a new future and a new career.

You see, I want to follow my dream. I want to move on to a position that entails the health care industry. I have extensive media experience, public relations experience, sales experience and I am an excellent communicator. I love people. I love interacting with people and I love helping worthy causes. Hopefully I can find a position that takes advantage of all my positive traits as well as my desire to help others. Finding a position like that will be a win/win for myself and the company I work for.

So today, I spent the day looking for the perfect job. The jobs I am submitting resumes to are positions that I know I can succeed at and would love. I'm sure you know from my blog, when I put my mind to something, there is no stopping me. To my surprise, there were a few positions out there that I know I would LOVE to do. Resumes have been sent out and now if I can just get my foot in the door.

I'm not tooting my own horn (okay, I am here) but I know that if they met me --my enthusiasm, dedication and motivation would win them over. So hopefully I will be able to get the interview.

Great news!! The UCP Board of Directors has nominated me for consideration to be on their Board. I am so excited and this is truly a dream come true for me. I'm not on yet.......but I feel that I have a very good chance of becoming a Board Member (especially since the President of the Board and the Executive Director are both in my corner and nominated me).

So, things are changing around here. But change is good! And I am looking forward to new changes and challenges!!

Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the very best in you new career. It is so exciting to make a change, I know, I did it too in my 40's. After 25 yrs in the food industry my whole life and than when I was 45 I went into banking. Big change, totally different and glad I did it. Have fun. Have you been able to speak with Diane yet? Love Aunt Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, You sound so excited about your proposed change in your life, that I can't help but be excited for you. Change leads to new adventures, and you sound so filled with confidence, that I know you will accomplish what you are setting out to do. Also, I hope you are elected to the board. It is so nice to have so many dreams. You go girl!! I will keep you in prayer.
Love,
Aunt Patty

Anonymous said...

There was no question in my mind that I had found something that was
worth more than gold! First I read about this program by several
people that were incredibly excited about the savings that they
experienced. I then saw a 1 hour television show for it and I decided
to check them out with the Better Business Bureau who verified that
they have been in business for 24 years and noted their
excellent record over that time. The company that processes their
orders even offers a money back guarantee for their products. But the
deciding factor was two weeks ago when I witnessed a woman buy $375.97
worth of groceries and only paid $13.36. She told me that she is part
of this same program which is at http://savemoreamerica.com I asked
her if she saves this much all the time and before she could answer,
the cashier answered for her, she's here every week with very similar
savings. That night I joined their sampler program and now I am
convinced that this site is actually worth more than gold! I wish I
knew about this 24 years ago when they started out!

Anonymous said...

I came across your article tonight, if I may ask what are the disabilities of your children? I had been a nanny for one family for the past fifteen years taking care of their two children with multiple disabilities alone with no outside help but school. I wanted to know cause I like to share the experiences and hard work taking care of children with soecial needs

Anonymous said...

May you be blessed in your endeavors! I can understand jumping into a new career. Best of luck!

Elinor
http://great-baby-stuff.com